Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks. The band struck a deal with the mega music streaming service SoundCloud. This is the world of The Sweet, the kings of the seventies with the slashing guitars, rebel yell lyrics Today's Sweet with Andy Scott as the driving force and guarantee for The Sweet quality and sound. Изучайте релизы The Sweet на Discogs. Приобретайте пластинки, компакт-диски и многое другое от The Sweet на маркетплейсе Discogs. From Middle English sweete, swete, from Old English swēte ("sweet"), from Proto-West Germanic *swōtī, from Proto-Germanic *swōtuz ("sweet"), from Proto-Indo-European *swéh₂dus ("sweet").
You can cook Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks
- Prepare 3-8 ounce of ham steaks (maple or brown sugar flavor are extra yummy).
- It’s 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of pure maple syrup (NOT pancake syrup!) grade B if available.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of spicy brown mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple juice.
- You need pinch of each cinnamon and ginger, optional.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter, for skillet.
Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks step by step
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except ham and butter. Whisk well to combine. Pour into saucepan and warm over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens to a syrupy texture; about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit..
- Score edges of ham steaks about every 2 inches to prevent curling. Warm butter in skillet over medium heat, add ham steaks and fry about 2 1/2-3 minutes. You may need to cook steaks individually if they don't fit..
- Flip over and spoon maple glaze onto steaks evenly. Fry for another 3 minutes or so, to desired doneness. Serve with mashed potatoes (see my recipe) and remaining maple glaze, if desired..
- Note* the maple glaze keeps nicely in the fridge for a long time. If it hardens or gets grainy just microwave it for 20 seconds at a time until it reaches the proper consistency, but WATCH CLOSELY!!! I have had it boil over and it makes a HUGE mess! Enjoy!.
recipe by Nikki Zazz @cookpad