Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱.
You can cook Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱 using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱
- You need of spring of fresh curry leaves.
- Prepare of chickpeas.
- It’s of small onion – chopped.
- You need of oil.
- You need of star anise.
- You need of black cardamon pods.
- You need of green cardamon pods.
- You need of Sweet potato – cubed.
- Prepare of flat teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Prepare of flat teaspoon tumeric.
- It’s of garlic cloves – crushed.
- You need of thumb of ginger – crushed.
- Prepare of lemon.
- Prepare of coriander.
- It’s of green chillis.
- Prepare of Pickled red onion (see recipe).
- Prepare of teaspoons of fresh pomegranate seeds.
- It’s of amchoor (sour mango powder).
- It’s of sprinkle of sev (if you wish).
- It’s of Chopped red chilli (marinated in a little white vinegar).
Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱 instructions
- Put a cross on the top of the tomatoes and put in. Bowl covered with boiling water – this will make it easy to remove the skins later. Cube the sweet potatoes and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Cook the chopped onions in a little oil on a medium heat for 2 minutes and then turn to a low heat and put a lid on the pan. You may need to stir occasionally but the onions will turn a soft brown..
- Crush the garlic and prepare the chillis by washing and making a little slit in the side (larger if you like it spicy).
- Add the hard spices to the onions (star anise, cumin seeds, cardamom) and then add the curry leaves. The curry leaves will sizzle a little but don’t let them burn. add the crushed garlic and chilli and stir for a further couple of minutes..
- Add the ground spices, peel the tomatoes and add them to the pan and cook on a low heat. They will break down quickly but you can cop or squash to speed things up..
- When the tomatoes have formed a sauce add the chickpeas and the cooked cubes potatoes..
- Sprinkle with lots of coriander, a good squeeze of lemon, pickled red onion and some fresh pomegranate seeds. Serve with lime, mint and coconut chutney and breads or rice.
recipe by Rachel @cookpad