Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins. My fondest memory of coffee cake dates back to middle school. We'd all line up at the cafeteria during break time and they'd serve us this huge square chunk of the warmest. I made this Apple Streusel Coffee Cake often while in college.
Wonderfully moist coffee cake with a layer of apples and streusel in the middle and more streusel on top. I am sure you could also do this with muffins but the layering in each muffin cup might take time. These vegan apple muffins are perfectly fluffy and moist. You can have Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins
- It’s of MUFFINS.
- Prepare of large red or green eating apple I used Cortland, peeled and cored and cut into small cubes.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- You need of ground ginger.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- It’s of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need of large eggs.
- You need of Vanilla extract.
- You need of sour cream.
- You need of STRUEUSEL TOPPING.
- Prepare of Light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of cold salted butter, cubed.
- You need of toffee bits, such as health bits.
- Prepare of roasted chopped nuts, almonds, cashews,walnuts and/or honey roasted peanuts. if you don't like nuts, leave them out.
- Prepare of ICING/GLAZE.
- It’s of recipe my The Best Icing / Glaze recipe, recipe attached in direction step #10.
The best part is a crunchy apple streusel muffin topping: it gives each bite a perfectly sweet crunch, without being overly sugary. This topping really takes the cake (er, muffin!). These Apple Coffee Cake Muffins are the perfect treat to surprise your mom on Mother's Day. Pieces of tender apples and walnuts in every bite, plus a It's like a coffee cake but in a muffin.
Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven n to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together in a bowl, flour baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, hutmeg and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy Add eggs one at a time beating each egg in, then add vanilla.
- With mixer at low speed alternate flour mixture with sour cream starting and ending with flour, fold in apples, batter will be thick.
- Spoon evenly into muffin tins.
- MAKE STRUSEL TOPPING.
- Combine flour, light brown sugar and cinnamon in food processor, mix, add cold butter and pulse until it looks like sand, stir in nuts and toffee chips. This can be done in a bowl with a fork as well.
- Divide strusel topping evenly among muffins. Bake 18 to 24 minutes until a toothpick just comes out just clean, cool in pans on rack 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool before glazing.
- Glaze muffins with Icing/Glaze attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356666-the-best-vanilla-icingglaze.
recipe by fenway @cookpad
They're just perfect with apples and walnuts in every single bite, not to mention that delicious streusel topping. These muffins are simple enough to make with kids. Apple-Pecan Streusel Muffins. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet. Pour the wet into the dry then add the raw apples and mix well. Serve the coffee cake with vanilla ice cream.