Banana walnut cake.
You can cook Banana walnut cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana walnut cake
- It’s 240 gm of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 113 gm of butter (room temperature).
- You need 50 gm of powdered sugar.
- It’s 450 gm of ripened bananas (mashed).
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of coffee powder.
- Prepare 120 ml of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts (chopped).
Banana walnut cake instructions
- Let's get started…a quick look at the ingredients. All ingredients should be at room temperature. Mix all the dry ingredients (All purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and coffee powder) in a bowl and keep aside..
- In a separate bowl start creaming the butter and sugar. Beat it till the time you get pale colour mixture..
- Now add the mashed bananas(I had only 338gms of mashed bananas so adjusted the sweetness by increasing the sugar)and give it a mix and then add the dry ingredients. Just mix with the beater on low spead untill everything well incorporated (instead of beater you can use your spatula too).
- Now add the chopped walnuts (dusted with flour, so that they don't sink to the bottom) and gently mix it with the spatula using the cut and fold method. Now add the batter in 4"×9" linned loaf tin and place the tin into a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 40-45 mins in the middle rack with both the rods and fan on. Kindly note that every oven functions differently understand your oven baking temperature, timing and bake accordingly..
- To check if the cake is done insert a wodden skewers in the center of the cake and if it comes out clean then your cake is done. Let the cake sit in the tin for 10 mins and then remove the cake for the tin and let it completely cool on the wire rack. Cut the cake only once it's completely cool and enjoy it with a cup of tea or just have it as is because anyhow you have it, it will taste good..
recipe by Akshada Yadav Mudaliyar @cookpad