Plum Cake. Celebrate the autumn harvest with our selection of comforting plum cakes and puddings, including crumbles, tarts, cobblers and easy traybakes. Plum cake alla ricotta soffice e senza burro, una ricetta perfetta per la colazione e la merenda. Plumcake alla ricotta con gocce DI cioccolato
You may think that plums, when cut in half, would dry out during baking but the opposite is true. Plum Cake is a delicious coffee cake made with a simple batter, fresh plums, and a cookie-like nut-free streusel topping! This traditional German plum crumb cake is so easy to make from scratch and. You can have Plum Cake using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plum Cake
- Prepare 2 cup of All purpose flour(Maida).
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of milk powder(optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ginger powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Vinegar(to be mixed with milk).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chopped Almonds,Walnuts,Cashews.
- Prepare 6-7 of chopped Dates.
- You need 2-3 tsp of tuti fruti.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Apricots,cranberries,Raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of any Fruit juice(mixed fruit,orange,grapes).
This plum cake could also be served hot with cream or custard as a plum pudding. Not too keen on plums but fancy a fruity cake? You can also try this recipe with apricots or raspberries too. And now I've decided to make a thread about it for some reason.
Plum Cake step by step
- Take fruit juice in a bowl and soak chopped dry fruits,tuti fruti,apricots,cranberries,raisins.Nuts and fruits can be added or skipped as per choice.Keep soaked for atleast an hour..
- Caramelized sugar Syrup-Take 1/4 cup sugar in a pan and let it get melt.Keep stirring.When sugar melts and starts bubbling. Add 1-2 tsp water.Keep stirring.Be careful while adding water.Syrup will get ready.Let it get cool..
- Sieve together all the dry ingredients;Maida,milk powder,cinnamon powder,ginger powder,nutmeg powder,baking powder,baking soda and salt..
- Take 3/4 cup sugar,milk(mixed with vinegar for half an hour) in a mixer.Also add 3/4 cup oil.Blend together..
- Mix together caramelized sugar syrup with soaked fruits.Add these in flour.Later mix milk paste in flour using cut and fold method.Add milk if needed to make thick flowing batter.Pour batter in greased cake tin..
- Bake the Cake.It can be baked at 180 degree in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.For baking in cooker,spread a layer of sand/salt in cooker and place a stand.Keep cake tin on stand and close the lid without using whistle and gasket.Bake for 40-45 minutes.Check using tooth pick.
- Let the cake cool down.Demould it. Sprinkle powdered sugar on cake.
recipe by Anshu Dua @cookpad
This easy and delicious plum cake is the perfect dessert for summer! Light, fluffy, and comes together in minutes. Can be made with any stone fruit. Fresh Plum Cake – A rust yet elegant cake that is easy to make and easy to love! A rustic Fresh Plum Cake is a fabulous dessert option for summer picnics and parties.