20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach. Toss in the spinach and sprinkle with the blue cheese. It's simple, but so delicious you won't even believe it. Just make sure you season it properly.
Cook bacon until crisp over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet. Using tongs, transfer pasta to skillet with juices, reserving pasta cooking liquid in pot. Add mussels and squash to skillet; toss. You can make 20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach
- It’s 1 of large butternut squash cubed (I buy already cubed squash when I can get it. Otherwise prep time exceeds 20 min!).
- Prepare to taste of Seasonings: garlic powder, thyme, paprika, pepper, salt.
- It’s of Olive or avocado oil.
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced.
- Prepare 6 cups of fresh spinach roughly chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 12 oz of whole grain penne pasta.
- Prepare of Chopped walnuts.
- You need of Parmesan cheese and/or ricotta cheese.
Add penne and squash and toss gently, adding reserved pasta cooking liquid as necessary to. Add the garlic and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the squash is golden brown and just tender. How to make Skillet Penne with Spinach – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. Be the first to write a review.
20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with avocado oil. Add cubed squash. Season with garlic powder, thyme, paprika, pepper. Mix well and bake for 15-20 min turning midway through.. You can broil for a few minutes. I like squash to be crispy and brown..
- Meanwhile in a non stick large skillet sauté garlic and onion in avocado oil (can substitute any healthy oil you like).
- Add ground turkey to pan and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach to mixture and a dash of garlic powder..
- Once spinach has wilted down some add the wine and chicken broth. You can alter the liquids according to preference..
- While mixture simmers on a low flame add the pasta to boiling water in another pot..
- Cook pasta (Aldente) and drain, reserving some of the pasta water to add to skillet..
- Add walnuts to baking sheet and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with kosher salt..
- Add butternut squash and nuts to turkey mixture..
- Add pasta, pasta water and about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese to skillet. (omit cheese for a cleaner dish).
- Stir mixture and serve with freshly grated Parmesan and/or ricotta cheese (again omit for a cleaner dish).
Next add in the garlic and spinach, cook until wilted. Toast the pine nuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Wilt Spinach: Stir in spinach, handful at time, and cook until wilted. Off heat, stir in Parmesan and nuts. If you have young kids I like to serve my taco salad over romaine.