CARDAMOM-DATE SNACK CAKE.
You can cook CARDAMOM-DATE SNACK CAKE using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of CARDAMOM-DATE SNACK CAKE
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of butter,softend.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of skimmed milk.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pitted dates.
- Prepare 1 of sliced almonds for the topping.
CARDAMOM-DATE SNACK CAKE step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°C.
- To prepare cake,coat a 9inch square baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Lightly spoon 2 cups of flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife..
- Combine the two cups of flour and the next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a large bowl; make a well in centre of mixture..
- Beat the butter and sugar in a separate bowl until creamy..
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Beating well after each addition, then add the vanilla extract and set aside..
- Blend the chopped pitted dates in milk.add into the batter and beat..
- Add in the batter the flour mixture a small amount at a time. Mix well between every addition and make sure there arent any flour lumps..
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly..
- Arrange the sliced almonds on the batter before putting the cake into the oven..
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean..
- Cool completely in pan. After it has cooled,cut into squares with the almonds at the centre of each squre..
recipe by Dee… @cookpad