Coconut Pecan Frosting. Coconut Pecan Frosting II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If you are a fan of pecans and coconut, you are going to love this decadent and delicious frosting that takes german chocolate cake to the next level. Our Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe is the perfect German chocolate cake icing.
My husband requests German chocolate cake every year for his birthday. Layers of fluffy chocolate cake and creamy coconut-pecan frosting come together in a towering, triple-decker German chocolate cake no one will be able to resist. Stir in vanilla, salt, coconut, and pecans. You can have Coconut Pecan Frosting using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Coconut Pecan Frosting
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped pecans.
- You need 1 (12 oz.) of can evaporated milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter.
- You need 6 of egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- It’s 2 cups of sweetened flaked coconut.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
This is the perfect frosting for German chocolate cake. This Coconut Pecan Frosting is great to use on a German Chocolate Cake. There's just something special about all of the butter mixed with coconut and pecans. This coconut-pecan frosting is made like no other frosting.
Coconut Pecan Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool completely (about 20 minutes)..
- Meanwhile, cook evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and egg yolks in a heavy 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cook, stirring constantly, 12 to 14 minutes or until mixture becomes a light caramel color, is bubbling, and reaches a pudding-like thickness..
- Remove pan from heat; stir in coconut, vanilla, and pecans. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes or until cooled and spreading consistency..
- Let it cool and then place in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or longer..
It's cooked over the stove and lands somewhere between a thick custard and curd. Evaporated milk, egg yolks, brown sugar, and butter. Top a chocolate cake with this rich German frosting! Coconut Pecan Chocolate FudgePillsbury.com. vanilla, chocolate frosting, sweetened shredded SEARCH. Coconut Pecan Frosting Without Evaporated Milk Recipes.