Eggless Fresh Plum Cake.
You can have Eggless Fresh Plum Cake using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggless Fresh Plum Cake
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour (maida).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of plums chopped finely and few for decorating.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts & raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of spice elachi, cinnamon powder (dalchini powder).
- You need 1/4 pinch of grated nutmeg or nutmeg powder (jaiphal powder option.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil or melted butter.
- Prepare For of caramel:-.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Ordinary Sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons + 3/4 cup of Water.
Eggless Fresh Plum Cake step by step
- Grease a cake tin or cake loaf pan with oil or butter..
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius. sieve the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour. Keep aside..
- Add cinnamon powder, elachi powder, grated nutmeg along with baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the oil or melted butter and mix gently. add the sugar and mix, add the vanilla extract..
- On the other side make a caramel mixture, take 2 tablespoons ordinary sugar plus 2 tablespoons water, heat well on the gas, when the sugar caramelizes, immediately put 3/4 cup of water in it, at this time give one boil and off the gas, keep aside this caramel mixture.
- Now add the chopped fresh plums..
- Fold these gently in the cake batter, along with caramel mixture.
- Stir gently and add this frothy bubbly mixture to the cake batter..
- Pour the cake batter in the greased cake pan..
- Put Chopped walnuts and Raisins on top. bake at 150 degrees C for 50 minutes..
- Check using toothpick, if it comes out clean, it means the cake is ready..
- When the cake becomes warm or cools, remove from the cake pan..
- Serve the eggless fresh plum cake with tea or coffee..
- NOTES Some Suggestions for fresh plum cake: 1) Instead of oil you can use butter. 2) Some more dry fruits like apricots, almonds or dry fruits of your choice can be added to the cake. 3) If the top of the cake browns quickly, then cover the top with butter paper or aluminum foil..
recipe by Ramit Ghai @cookpad