Egg and Dairy-Free Chocolate Shortcake with Strawberries.
You can cook Egg and Dairy-Free Chocolate Shortcake with Strawberries using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg and Dairy-Free Chocolate Shortcake with Strawberries
- It’s of ☆ Cake flour.
- Prepare of ☆ Cocoa powder.
- It’s of ☆ Baking powder.
- It’s of ☆ Salt.
- It’s of ○ Canola oil.
- Prepare of ○ Marmalade.
- You need of ○ Maple syrup.
- You need of ○ Soy milk.
- You need of ○ Vanilla essence.
- You need of ※ Firm tofu.
- Prepare of ※ Marmalade.
- Prepare of ※ Maple syrup.
- You need of ※ Canola oil.
- You need of ※ Liqueur (rum, Cointreau, or your choice of liqueur).
- You need of ※ Lemon juice.
- It’s of ※ Vanilla extract.
- It’s of Strawberries.
- It’s of ◎ Jam (your choice).
- It’s of ◎ Water.
Egg and Dairy-Free Chocolate Shortcake with Strawberries instructions
- Thoroughly combine the ☆ ingredients and sift together. Preset the oven to 170℃ for 40 minutes..
- Briefly boil the tofu, then drain (for about 15-30 minutes)..
- To prepare the cake batter: Combine the ○ ingredients and whisk until evenly combined..
- Add to the ☆ ingredients and briskly stir until no longer floury (do not knead)..
- Bake for 35 minutes at 170℃ in a pound cake mold (lined with parchment paper)..
- To prepare the tofu cream: Incorporate the tofu from Step 2 with the remaining ※ ingredients and use a blender or food processor to combine..
- It's done once it's smooth. Adjust the sweetness to taste. Chill in the refrigerator, if possible..
- To prepare the syrup: Combine the ◎ ingredients in a bowl and mix well..
- Once the batter from Step 5 is finished baking, transfer to a cake rack to cool. Once it has cooled down, slice in half to make two layers..
- Brush the syrup onto the outer crust (the hardened portions) of the cake to soften..
- Decorate with the tofu cream and strawberries..
- Chill in the refrigerator to slightly stiffen the cream..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad