Caramel Apple Cupcakes. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; fold in apples. Caramel Apple Cupcakes made with a spiced apple cupcake and topped with caramel icing. They melt in your mouth and are such a delicious apple dessert idea!
There's a lot to love about these easy apple cupcakes. Let's start with the actual cupcake. Cute spice-apple cupcakes with dreamy caramel frosting even have sticks to make them look like candy apples. You can have Caramel Apple Cupcakes using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Prepare 1 box of spice cake mix and ingredients to prepare cake.
- Prepare 2 cup of granny smith apple, chopped.
- Prepare 35 of caramels, unwrapped (I used Kraft).
- It’s 1/4 cup of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 of Sprinkles or chopped nuts, optional.
- You need 24 of Popsicle sticks.
Apple and caramel are pretty simple ingredients, but when combined they are a delectable treat. Top off these cupcakes with toasted pecans to create a traditional fall favorite. We love to add the tiny crab apples as a garnish for extra-special occasions. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
Caramel Apple Cupcakes step by step
- Prepare cake according to box directions. Fold in chopped apples. Scoop into cupcake pan lined with cupcake papers. (24). Bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool completely..
- When cupcakes are cool, in small sauce pan add caramels and condensed milk. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes until caramels are melted and everything is combined. Spread over cupcakes..
- If you are adding sprinkles or nuts top immediately. The caramel cools quickly! Insert popsicle stick in center. Put in fridge for at least 10 minutes to set..
Add in the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Caramel apple cupcakes are soft cupcakes flavored with apples and caramel in both the cupcake and the buttercream frosting. Decorate the top with apple slices and drizzle with caramel for a pretty look! This is one of the best apple recipes to make during the apple picking season! These Caramel Apple Cupcakes have a cinnamon buttermilk cake sprinkled with cinnamon sugar filled with a spiced apple compote and are frosted with a decadent caramel buttercream!