Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Banana Upside Down Cake.
You can make Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Banana Upside Down Cake using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Banana Upside Down Cake
- Prepare of almond flour.
- Prepare of white rice flour.
- Prepare of sweet sorghum flour.
- You need of GF arrowroot flour/starch.
- It’s of GF baking powder (preferably aluminum-free).
- Prepare of Xanthan gum.
- Prepare of Himalayan fine salt.
- It’s of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare of coconut sugar.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of Pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare of roughly chopped GF chocolate.
- It’s of chocolate banana topping:.
- You need of Bananas, sliced to about 1/4-inch thick circles.
- Prepare of Coconut sugar, divided.
- Prepare of Pure Cocoa Powder.
- You need of Unsalted butter, melted.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Banana Upside Down Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 F Spray an 8-inch round by 3-inch high sides pan with cooking oil and line the bottom with parchment paper circle For the banana chocolate topping; sprinkle the bottom of the pan with 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar, layer with banana slices and sprinkle with cocoa, remaining sugar and drizzle with melted butter. Set aside For the cake; whisk together flours, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, coconut sugar, and olive oil until creamy. Beat in milk, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine Pour batter over the top of the bananas and scatter with chocolate chunks. Using a knife swirl the chocolate chunks throughout the batter. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes. Using a knife loosen the edges of the cake, then place a plate over the top and flip the pan. Peel off the parchment paper.
recipe by Kristina Stosek @cookpad