Mike's Turkey Pot Pies.
You can cook Mike's Turkey Pot Pies using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Turkey Pot Pies
- You need 1 of LG Can Pillsbury Grand Biscuits.
- You need 1 Can (11 oz) of Campbell's Cream Of Chicken Soup.
- Prepare 1 Can (11 oz) of Campbell's Cream Of Mushroom Soup.
- You need 3 Cups of Precooked Shredded Turkey Meat.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Half & Half.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Minced White Onions.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Diced Celery [with leaves].
- It’s 1 of LG Diced Potato [peeled].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Diced Carrots.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of Shredded Sharp Cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Crushed Bay Leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Powdered Chicken Bouillon [optional – add last after tasting].
- It’s 1 Can (14 oz) of Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
- It’s 4 oz of Green Beans.
- You need 4 oz of Corn.
- You need 4 oz of Peas.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Butter.
- You need of Fresh Parsley [garnish].
- It’s 1 of Pan.
- You need 1 of Pot.
- You need 1 of Oven Safe Bowl.
Mike's Turkey Pot Pies step by step
- Preheat your oven as per manufactures directions for your biscuits. Usually 350°..
- Small chop your vegetables..
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to a frying pan. Add your celery and onions and sauté until translucent. About 3 to 4 minutes..
- In a seperate pot, whisk your cans of soup and half and half. Then, add your dried seasonings, cheddar cheese, soft canned vegetables and precooked shredded turkey. Heat until hot and cheese has fully melted..
- Add your potatoes and carrots [carrots not pictured – picky eaters today] to your onions and celery and add your 16 ozs chicken broth to pan. Salt and pepper to taste but be careful with the salt. Condensed soups carry a lot of sodium. Cover with a tight fitting lid and allow potatoes and carrots to simmer until soft. About 10 to 12 minutes. Check fluids regularly and stir occasionally. Add water if your broth dissipates too quickly. Once potatoes and carrots have softened – allow the fluid to completely dissipate..
- Add your vegetables to the pot. Mix well. If you'd like to thicken your mixture, just add 2 tablespoons Corn Starch to 1 tablespoon water and slowly add to your simmering pot..
- Place your bubbling mixture in a large oven safe bowl. Or, you can create mini individual pot pies. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Authors Note: Stuffing at the base of this dish is always appreciated by hungry kids!.
- Place your Grands Biscuits on top of mixture but don't pack them together too tightly. Your mixture will need some room to bubble up. There's also a chance this dish will simmer over so put some tinfoil underneath as a precaution..
- Bake as per manufactures directions or, until biscuits have risen and browned..