Coffee Cake with walnuts.
You can have Coffee Cake with walnuts using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coffee Cake with walnuts
- You need 2 Cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 100 gram of unsalted butter room temperature.
- Prepare 1 Cup of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs at room temperature.
- You need 2 tbsp of instant coffee powder mixed in 2 tablespoon of warm milk.
- Prepare 150 ml of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 tsp of coffee essence.
- It’s 100 grams of walnuts chopped.
Coffee Cake with walnuts instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C Line the sides and base of a loaf pan with parchment paper..
- Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside. Combine instant coffee powder in milk. Stir and set aside..
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl..
- Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by the coffee extract & steeped coffee..
- With hand blender on low speed add the flour and buttermilk alternately in three batches..
- Gently combine the batter using a spatula so that no lumps remain. Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Add chopped walnuts over the batter..
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes till golden brown on top, and the tester comes out clean..
- Overturn the cake gently on a wire rack, and remove the lining. Turn it back..
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Serve Whole Wheat Coffee Cake with a cup of hot chocolate or tea..
recipe by RUCHIKA @cookpad