Ham balls. It is even more specific to Iowa and Nebraska. It is a typical Sunday night family dinner recipe. Combine meats, cracker crumbs, milk and eggs in large bowl and mix well.
Thanks for watching, and God bless. A wide variety of ham ball options are available to you, such as material, plastic type, and style. Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and cook over med-low heat until it boils and the. You can make Ham balls using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham balls
- Prepare 1 lb of ground sausage.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground fully cooked ham.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 3/4 of crushed shredded wheat cereal.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground mustard.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted. Form ball on serving dish; chill. Sometimes I am asked where I get inspiration for recipes to share. The recipes that were available online were kind of all over the place with some calling for.
Ham balls instructions
- mixed together the first five ingredients well shape into 1 1/2 or 2 inch balls. place in a greased 9 by 13 baking pan.
- FOR SAUCE ( I like to double this recipe for sauce).
- bring the sugar,water, vinegar & mustard to a boil in a saucepan and stir over medium heat, reduce heat let simmer uncovered for about 4 minutes.
- pour over ham balls bake uncovered at 350 for 60 to 70 minutes or until brown.
recipe by 4everatwin @cookpad
In a large bowl, combine the ham, pork OR sausage, and the ground beef. I make them salty-sweet with a bourbon and vinegar kick. Serve them alone, in a sandwich or over pasta or rice.