Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie.
You can cook Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 2 small of potatoes, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white chopped onion.
- It’s 2 medium of white mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 2 slice of bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of turkey, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green peas.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare of Pumpkin filling sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of left over pumpkin pie filling.
- It’s 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of toasted spice rub.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need of Pot pie topping.
- You need 1 of Pie crust dough.
Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350°. If using pie crust dough, roll it out now..
- Heat a large skillet over med heat, and add chopped bacon..
- After about 3 mins, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir until melted..
- Add your sliced potatoes, stirring to coat with butter, and bacon. Let potatoes brown..
- After about 5 mins, add chopped onions, carrots, green peas and mushrooms. Stir occasionally, to avoid over browning..
- When the onions are clear and carrots softened, add chopped turkey. Reduce heat to low..
- In a small sauce pot over med heat, add butter, pumpkin, and heavy cream. Season with toasted spice rub, bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth, breaking up pumpkin pie filling. Turn off heat..
- Create a well in the middle of your skillet. Add remaining butter, melt, and stir in flour to create a quick roux. Add pumpkin sauce and stir to combine..
- Put your filling into baking dish, and cover top with pie crust dough. Poke holes in the middle for venting, and place in oven. Cook untill golden brown. Let stand 10 mins before serving. ENJOY :).
- NOTE: The toasted spice rub mix I used is from a recipe by Michael Chiarello (Food Network). You can find the recipe on Food Network Web site or app under the recipe titled; Roasted Butternut Squash Soup..