Turkey fricasse. If you want to make the chicken version, simply exchange cooked chicken for the cooked turkey. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Already tired of turkey on Boxing Day?
No need to register, buy now! Poultry or meat cut into pieces and stewed in. Use Translate.com to cover it all. You can cook Turkey fricasse using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey fricasse
- You need 1 lb of shredded cooked turkey.
- It’s 2 clove of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of celery chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2/3 cup of roasted turkey skin and fatty pieces.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black ground pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of rosemary, crushed.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme leaves, crushed.
- Prepare 2 cup of turkey stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
Turkey fricasse instructions
- Mix spices together in a pinch bowl: salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, sage..
- Heat oil, saute until clear: onions, garlic, celery and carrots; adding a few pinches of spice mix. Tilt pan to pool oil and remove veggies to side bowl..
- Add turkey skin and fats to now seasoned oil. Add another pinch or two of mixed seasoning. Use medium heat, cover. Cook down fats and skin. Tilt pan and squeeze fats into pool. Remove solids and skin, leaving oils behind..
- Slowly add flour to seasoned oil, whisking constantly to eliminate lumps. Slowly whisk in Turkey stock. Add more or less to suit. Add pinches of spice seasoning. When Gravy is at desired consistency add shredded turkey. Add remaining spice seasoning and cooked veggies. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stirring often..
- Serve over mashed potatoes!.