Vickys Sticky 'McVities' Ginger Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can make Vickys Sticky 'McVities' Ginger Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vickys Sticky 'McVities' Ginger Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of full fat coconut milk or whole milk.
- It’s of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare of treacle / mollasses.
- You need of golden syrup – see recipe link below.
- Prepare of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- It’s of bicarb / baking soda.
- It’s of ground ginger.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- You need of mixed spice – see recipe link below.
- You need of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- It’s of cubed sunflower spread / Gold Foil Stork Margarine.
Vickys Sticky 'McVities' Ginger Cake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 375°F and grease a loaf tin.
- Warm the milk in a pan and stir in the sugar until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the treacle and syrup in another pan together over a low heat until runny but not hot https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334096-vickys-homemade-golden-syrup-like-tate-lyles-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Sift together the flour, bicarb, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice and xanthan gum if using https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359496-vickys-sweet-mixed-spice-for-baked-goods.
- Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Pour the syrup and milk mixtures into the flour and beat until smooth.You'll need a few tablespoons more milk for a gluten-free cake. The consistency should be of double (heavy) cream so add at least 3 extra tablespoons.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Immediately run a knife around the edge of the tin to loosen the cake if you haven't lined it with parchment, then let cool completely in the tin.
- Once cooled, turn out and wrap with clingfilm or foil.
- Let the cake sit for at least 1 day before unwrapping and slicing. This is what makes it sticky.
- Serve sliced spread with sunflower spread / butter or as a dessert with warm custard https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332987-vickys-vanilla-custard-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad