Moist Berry Berry Strawberry Cupcakes. If making cupcakes get ur muffin tin ready w/ nonstick spray or line w ur baking cups. In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and thawed strawberries (w/ juice from strawberries). The strawberries are replacing the water component of the original recipe on the box so make sure to include the juice from the frozen berries.
So, today I bring you my Summer Berry Cupcakes! These cupcakes are moist, fluffy, and infused with vanilla. They're stuffed with three types of summer berries – strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. You can make Moist Berry Berry Strawberry Cupcakes using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moist Berry Berry Strawberry Cupcakes
- Prepare of Cake Batter.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of frozen strawberries in sugar with juice(thawed).
- Prepare 1 box of Duncan Hines Signature Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream cheese (softened).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need of Icing.
- You need 1 stick of 1 stick butter (melted).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar).
- You need 1/2 packages of cream cheese (softened).
- You need 1 tsp of 1 tsp milk or half n half (add enough to desired consistency of icing).
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries in sugar (thawed).
Top these off with a sweet vanilla buttercream frosting, and garnish with even more berries for the perfect summer cupcakes! Strawberries: I have only made these with fresh strawberries, but I imagine that thawed frozen strawberries will work as well. We use two forms in the cupcakes and frosting – a puree that is reduced on the stove, and diced bits of strawberry that add moist little pockets of juicy berry flavor to the cupcakes. When berries are out of season, unavailable or way too expensive, you can substitute frozen mixed berries (no need to thaw).
Moist Berry Berry Strawberry Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If ur not making cupcakes, prepare ur cake pan (cover w/ cooking spray) and set aside. If making cupcakes get ur muffin tin ready w/ nonstick spray or line w ur baking cups..
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and thawed strawberries (w/ juice from strawberries). The strawberries are replacing the water component of the original recipe on the box so make sure to include the juice from the frozen berries. I also added a 4th egg. The box recipe calls for 3, but I did 4. Amps up the moisture and makes it fluffier…..
- Gradually add in ur sour cream and softened cream cheese (hopefully ur using an electric mixer for this step… I've folded these 2 remaining ingredients in before as well but they come out fluffy & moist either way….
- Divide batter equally (about 1 1/2 tbsp to 2 tbsp per muffin cup) Or just pour entire content into greased baking pan if making a whole cake…
- Bake for 18-21 mins or until toothpick inserted in center of cake/cupcake comes out clean..
- Place on wire rack and allow to cool for about about an hour prior to applying icing so it won't melt off (if u can wait that long!!!).
- For Icing: Melt down stick of butter in microwave-safe bowl, mix in all ingredients w electric mixer. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more powdered sugar if icing too loose/thin or more milk if too thick until desired consistency reached. Be careful w juice from strawberries in this step as u dont want icing too runny and again, if it turns out too loose add more powdered sugar. Top each cupcake w dollop of icing to ur liking! Turn up & enjoy ur berry berry delicious bakery style cupcakes!!!.
Strawberry Jam: You can make a fresh strawberry reduction instead if desired. Pink Food Coloring: This is optional and you can totally use some raspberry juice instead to get a nice pink. Add cupcake sheets to a pan. Warm and strain the strawberry preserves. Quick and easy strawberry cupcakes recipe, homemade from scratch with simple ingredients.