Cowboy Baked Beans. Cowboy baked beans have crispy applewood smoked bacon and browned hamburger cooked in a Decide if you are going to make your Cowboy Beans in a slow cooker or bake in the oven in a large. As you can see I am prepping this week for barbecue. Today we are making cowboy baked beans.
The Best Cowboy Baked Beans in a Skillet. Cowboy Beans are a great side dish or main course.it makes the perfect dish for potlucks, cookouts, camping trips, or parties. Cowboy beans (also known as chuckwagon beans) is a bean dish popular in the southwestern United States. You can cook Cowboy Baked Beans using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cowboy Baked Beans
- It’s 1 stick of smoked sausage, diced.
- You need 1 of small pkg diced ham (about one cup) or cut your own.
- Prepare 2 (32 ounce) of cans beans including liquid.
- You need 1/2 of small onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbs of ketchup.
- You need 2 tbs of barbeque sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of mustard.
- It’s 1/2 pound of bacon.
The dish consists of pinto beans and ground beef in a sweet and tangy sauce. Other types of meat can be used. The flavor is similar to baked beans but with a southwestern twist. Reading "Cowboy beans" I was expecting a guy making a killer meal with not much ingredients As far as I can tell the only difference between standard baked beans and Mum's cowboy beans was.
Cowboy Baked Beans step by step
- Mix all ingredients together in a pan except bacon..
- Cook on top of stove until onions are soft, about 20 -30 minutes..
- Pour in baking dish sprayed with no-stick spray, top with bacon strips and bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until the beans are no longer soupy..
- It the bacon strips are not done enough, turn on broiler for a couple of minutes..
recipe by Jon @cookpad
Cowboy baked beans are a new twist on normal baked beans and go great with fried chicken. A friend of ours made cowboy baked beans at a cookout last Summer and I knew I needed to make. Categories: Cast Iron Skillet Baked Beans Beans and Legumes Bacon Recipes Side Dish Lunch Gluten Free High Fiber. Home » Gluten Free Recipes » BBQ Baked Beans with Beef Cowboy Beans. The truth is I'm just not there yet so working with canned baked beans will have to suffice for the moment.