You can cook Carbonara Pasta using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carbonara Pasta
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin oil or unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of pancetta/thick cut bacon/chicken ham. Diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced.
- It’s 3-4 of whole eggs.
- Prepare 5 pcs of white button mushroom.
- You need 1 cup of grated parmesan.
- It’s 1 pound of spaghetti pasta, cook as per instruction.
- You need to taste of Salt and black pepper.
Carbonara Pasta step by step
- Boil the water to cook the pasta.. Add generous salt inside the water.
- While the water is coming to boil, heat some oil in the pan over medium heat, add bacon/pancetta and cook until crispy. Add garlic and mushroom, continue cooking for another few minutes. Turn off the heat and move it into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and mix in about half of the cheese..
- Once the water has reached a rolling boil, add the dry pasta, and cook, uncovered, at a rolling boil until al dente (a little firm, not mushy).
- Use tongs to move it to the bowl with the bacon, mushroom and garlic. Let it be dripping wet. Reserve some of the pasta water..
- Do it quickly, as you want the pasta to be hot. It's the heat of the pasta that will heat the eggs sufficiently to create a creamy sauce. Toss everything to combine, allowing the pasta to cool just enough so that it doesn't make the eggs curdle when you mix them in..
- Add the beaten eggs with cheese and toss quickly to combine once more. Add salt to taste. Add some pasta water back to the pasta to keep it from drying out..
- Mix in the rest of the parmesan and freshly ground black pepper. Add freshly chopped parsley too 🙂 Serve with creamy mushroom soup and salad as side dish 😉😋🤤.
recipe by purple_acied @cookpad