Easy Peasy Veggie Sausage Rolls. Veggie sausage rolls are easy to make and ideal for serving at a party or keeping in the fridge for a festive treat. Cut the square in half lengthways to form two rectangles. Delicious kid friendly sausage rolls packed with carrot and courgette.
The wind and rain has returned with a vengeance and I'm reluctantly packing away the shorts and sun hats. Home » Meats » Easy Peasy British Sausage Rolls. The sausage roll is classic British fare, that is as versatile as it is easy to make. You can cook Easy Peasy Veggie Sausage Rolls using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Peasy Veggie Sausage Rolls
- You need 1 Pack of Veggie Sausages (I use Linda McCartney.).
- It’s 1 Pack of Pre-Rolled Puff Pastry.
- You need 1 of Egg (I only needed 1, but you might need 2).
- It’s 1 of Spring Onion.
- It’s of (Optional) Handful of Spinach.
- You need To Taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Paprika.
It can be served hot or cold in a canapé size as an appetizer, or in a larger roll for lunch, a snack or an entrée. These easy vegan sausage rolls combine earthy mushrooms, lentils and rosemary to create an authentic meaty bite. Straight from the pages of my new cookbook due out in December, these vegan sausage rolls, my Easy-Peasy No-Sausage Rolls combine earthy mushrooms, lentils and rosemary. These Easy Sausage Parcels are quick and simple to prepare and taste delicious.
Easy Peasy Veggie Sausage Rolls instructions
- Defrost the sausages in the fridge for a few hours before planning to cook. When they are, cut them in half so you now have 12..
- Roll out the pastry and cut into strips, the width of your cut sausage. Then cut the strip in half horizontally at the middle, so you have 2 strips of pastry the same width. Repeat until you have 12 strips of pastry. (It helps to keep the pastry on the grease-proof paper it comes rolled in.).
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (gas mark 6) Beat the egg with the salt, pepper and paprika. Then brush onto the topside of the pastry strips. Finely slice the spring onions and optional spinach. Sprinkle the spring onion and spinach on top of the egg-wash..
- Take a sausage and place it at the top of one of the 12 pastry strips. Then roll it vertically, so the pastry is completely around the sausage. You should have some overlap on the pastry, so take a fork and press it into the edge of the pastry, so it sticks. Place the sausage roll on a lined baking tray and brush with egg..
- Repeat with all of the sausages and sprinkle them with some pepper. Place in the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes..
Lucky, they're easy to…» For these easy sausage rolls, I'll be using apricot and pork sausages, and a blood orange and chili spread. I love this combination because the chili adds a nice kick, and the apricot and orange provide a nice sweet and sour balance to the pork. Another great pairing for Thanksgiving and Christmas would. Roll crescent roll dough around creamy breakfast sausage for crowd-pleasing sausage rolls at your next brunch or party. Easy Peasy British Sausage RollsThe Pudge Factor.