You can cook Scripture Cake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scripture Cake
- You need 3 1/2 cups of sifted all-purpose flour (1 Kings 4:22).
- It’s 3 tsp of baking powder (Galatians 5:9).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground allspice (1 Kings 10:2).
- It’s 1 cup of butter, softened (Judges 5:25).
- It’s 2 cups of firmly packed brown sugar (Jeremiah 6:20).
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey (Exodus 16:31).
- It’s 6 of eggs (Luke 11:12).
- You need 8 oz of pitted dates, chopped (Deuteronomy 34:3).
- It’s 2 cups of raisins (1 Samuel 30:12).
- You need 1 cup of walnuts, chopped (Song of Solomon 6:11).
- It’s 1 cup of milk (Judges 5:25).
Scripture Cake instructions
- Grease a 10×4 angel cake tube pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, & allspice. Set aside..
- Beat butter, sugar, honey, & eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer until light & fluffy, about 3 minutes..
- In another bowl, combie fruita & nuts. Sprinkle 1/4 cups of flour mixture over fruits & nuts. Stir until coated. Set aside..
- Add remaining flour mixture alternately with the milk to the butter mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in fruits & nuts..
- Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour & 30 minutes or until the top Springs back when lightly touched with fingertip..
- Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes. Loosen around edge & tube with knife. Turn out on rack. Cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap. Cake slices best next day. But can slice same day..
- Gluten-free option. Can use gluten-free flour, but will need to add 1 3/4 tsp xanthum gum..
- Dairy free option. Can use soy milk instead of cows milk. Or really any kind of milk you prefer..
- Egg free option. Can use an egg replacer. I have an egg powder that I just have to add water to before adding..
recipe by Stephanie Goldman @cookpad