Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free).
You can cook Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free)
- It’s of Firm Tofu.
- It’s of Corn Starch.
- Prepare of Sesame Oil.
- It’s of Cooking Sake.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Mirin (sweet cooking rice wine).
- It’s of White Sesame Seeds.
- You need of Some Chopped Green Onion (to taste).
Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free) instructions
- Wash ½ pack (7 oz) of firm tofu under running water and place on several paper towels. Wrap the tofu with the paper towels and place on a plate..
- Put another plate on the tofu. Place some bottles of water as a weight on top and let sit for 30 minutes. (If the tofu is not dried well, the oil will splash a lot during cooking).
- Cut the tofu into small cubes. Dredge in the ¼ cup of corn starch and tap off excess..
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of sesame oil in a pan and cook the tofu on all sides over medium heat until nicely browned and crisp; about 7 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to low. Add 2 Tbsp. of cooking Sake, 1 Tbsp. of sugar, 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce and 1 Tbsp. of Mirin to the pan..
- Stir for about 2 minutes. Halfway through, add 1 Tbsp. of white sesame seeds..
recipe by HomemadeJapaneseFood @cookpad