Light (or Dark) Beer Cupcakes!. Root beer barrel candies and a spice cake-like batter give these cupcakes an old-fashioned flavor. Root Beer Cupcakes Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You should not use any light beers because they are too watery tasting.
Oh poor dark beer, always being judged by the color of its malt. Unfortunately, most people have the The next time someone asks you to recommend a decent light beer that won't sabotage their Are you releasing a new beer or hosting an festival? Log in to add your news or event to CraftBeer.com! You can cook Light (or Dark) Beer Cupcakes! using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Light (or Dark) Beer Cupcakes!
- Prepare of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all purpose or cake flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need of Wet Ingredients.
- You need 12 oz of light (or dark) beer.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil or applesauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare of The Icing.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 4 cup of icing or confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Beer (or white sweet wine).
- You need 2 tsp of red food dye (or cocoa powder).
Slowly add the powdered sugar, a few tablespoons at a time. Ice and decorate the cupcakes. [I used a star tip and made little "poofs" everywhere and sprinkled it. I like both light beer and dark beer, but Lite beer isn't beer. It is basically carbonated water with a touch of yellow coloring.
Light (or Dark) Beer Cupcakes! step by step
- Begin with the dry ingredients. Mix well together in one bowl..
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the eggs until very well beaten. Add in the milk, the vanilla extract, the buttermilk and the oil or applesauce (as a healthy alternative to oil)..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Do not mix excessively or the cupcakes will turn out chewier than they should be..
- Add to muffin tin. Should make 20-25 cupcakes.
- Pop into the oven at 350°F for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- For the icing, mix the room temperature butter with the room temperature cream cheese until it becomes a smooth mixture..
- Add the pinch of salt and ensure the icing sugar is well sifted before adding to the butter mixture.
- Choose between adding the red food colouring, or the cocoa powder to make a light pink frosting or a light chocolatey type to compliment the beer cupcakes..
- Add a small taste of beer or sweet wine to the frosting mix without making it too thin..
- When the cupcakes are finished, wait until they mostly cool before frosting..
- For a Valentine's Day theme, drop one conversation heart candy on each cupcake if frosted with pink frosting. For the chocolate, richer cupcake, sprinkle cocoa powder on the frosting to finish.
Tonight I had a Shock Top Belgian White, which was quite pleasant, but last night I opted for a Dos Equis Amber. When I can get it, I like Shiner Bock or Dixie Blackened Voodoo. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Take Your Choice Light Dark Beer. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. Dark Beers for me but I love IPA's during the Warmer months.