Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
You can make Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- It’s of For cake:.
- You need 2 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of brown Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 cups of grated red winter Carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable Oil.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped Walnuts.
- You need of For frosting.
- Prepare 200 gms of Cream cheese.
- You need 150 gms of powdered Sugar.
- Prepare 100 gms of Butter, softened.
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting instructions
- For cake: Preheat oven to 180°C. In a mixing bowl, cream together oil and sugar..
- Add all the eggs and mix well..
- In another bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, and then add to wet mixture..
- Use a spatula and stir in the walnuts and carrots gently..
- Pour the cake batter into a greased and floured 9″x13″ cake pan or two 7 inch round cake pans if you want to bake in layers..
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Use a toothpick and test the middle of the cake..
- Leave in pan and set on cooling rack to cool. Once the cake has cooled completely, ice with cream cheese frosting.
- For cream cheese frosting: Beat the cream cheese, sugar and butter together in a bowl until fluffy.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cake with a palette knife or spoon. Decorate cake with more chopped walnuts if desired..
recipe by Kaveri Obhan @cookpad