Creamed turkey. Stir in the milk until blended. Add the turkey and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through. Creamed Turkey (or creamed chicken) is a simple weeknight dinner that can be made with leftover turkey or chicken.
This old-time favorite, sometimes called turkey hash, deserves a place in the Comfort Food Hall of Fame. This tasty creamed turkey is extremely versatile comfort food. Narrow search to just "creamed turkey" in the title sorted by quality sort by rating or Advanced search. You can have Creamed turkey using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Creamed turkey
- You need 1/3 cup of real butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt OR celery salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 cup of Turkey meat OR chicken breast meat.
Creamed Turkey on Toast – An updated version of an old family recipe! We're sharing this delicious recipe for Creamed Turkey on Toast as part of a sponsored post for McCormick Gourmet. My mom ended up having to bake several turkeys a year just so we could get this stuff. Some very knowledgeable 'Zaarites helped me to ressurect it as the recipe had been lost.
Creamed turkey step by step
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Add broth.
- Add cream.
- Garlic powder.
- Add salt.
- Add pepper.
- Whisk together.
- Cook over medium low heat until thickened.
- Stir in chicken.
- Serve over potatoes or biscuits.
Reviews for: Photos of Creamed Turkey in Toast Cups. I am actually rating the idea of toast cups filled with a creamy turkey mixture. I looked up this recipe few minutes before. What to do with that leftover turkey? This recipe is super easy and versatile.