Beer Can Turkey. Pour the beer into a turkey sitter (a ceramic stand that holds liquid). Stand beer can up on the smoker grate and gently set the turkey over the can so that the can is The turkey needs to be stable. Carefully lower turkey onto beer can, legs down.
It'll instantly take the stage for many holidays to come, and you'll finally believe us when we. In order to prepare beer can turkey, a beer can is necessary. See more ideas about Beer can turkey, Beer can, Turkey. You can cook Beer Can Turkey using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beer Can Turkey
- It’s 1 of Turkey.
- Prepare 14 oz of can of beer (like Guinness).
- It’s 5 oz of Savory dried herb mix (e.g. tarragon, rosemary, sage, parsley, thyme).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of fresh ground pepper.
- It’s 1/3 oz of fresh ground salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need of honey.
- You need of olive oil.
Beer-Can Turkey — It's Not Just for Thanksgiving. Chicken's not the only bird that can be prepared on the grill. Steven Raichlen's beer can turkey is a great alternative to try at Thanksgiving. Roasting a bird like this results in a great color and crisp skin.
Beer Can Turkey instructions
- Prep the turkey by removing the innards and tucking back the wings. Pat it dry so the rub will stick to it..
- Mix the spices with the honey and oil until it is a well mixed paste but not too stiff or too runny.
- Take your beer can and remove the entire lid and the nitro ball. You can also mix some of the spices into the can too. Slide the turkey around the can, using the legs and can as a tripod to keep it upright..
- Plaster them seasonings all over your bird.
- Layer some foil around dat bird and stick it in the oven at 400 for 8 minutes, then lower it to 325 and cook about 2.5 hours. Remove the foil the last 30 minutes to brown the skin up..
- Grind up the giblets and turkey juices with the remaining beer and some flour to make your gravy. Mmmmmmm!.
How to make Beer Can Turkey – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. Now my beer can turkey fits in the grill: I tossed some smoke wood in, in this case fresh cut apple After an hour of grilling the beer can turkey is looking fantastic: And now for the turkey baster and. This grill smoked beer can turkey recipe is flavored with KCMasterpiece BBQ Rub and teriyaki marinade. If you've never tried grilling a beer can turkey, this recipe is one you've got to try. Steel Beer Can Chicken Turkey Roaster Oven Rotisserie Bbq Grill Rack Stand Holder Tray Turkey Vertical Poultry Roaster Rack Xmas.