You can cook Collard Greens using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Collard Greens
- It’s 1 bag of cleaned collard greens.
- It’s 1 of ham hock bone or leftover ham bone.
- Prepare 1 cup of cubed ham or leftover ham.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of vinegar.
Collard Greens step by step
- Place ham hock in pot and pour bag over it then top with ham and bacon pieces add seasonings now.. I use salt lightly, pepper, garlic, and laity it of Lawrys salt.
- Place on a medium high heat once it comes to boil you will hear a simmer stir and cover pot with lid .. Looks similar to this.
- Stir occasionally for at least 2 hrs I do mine on lowest setting simmer.. They will turn a dark green.. But taste as you go you might not like yours as tender as mine!.
recipe by heather_p_lo @cookpad