You can cook Thanksgiving Turkey using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Turkey
- You need of Turkey.
- Prepare 1 of 12-14lb Turkey.
- It’s 1 large of vidalia/sweet onion, quartered.
- It’s 2 of Apples, cored & sliced.
- It’s 2 of Sprig of fresh rosemary (or 1tsp dried).
- Prepare 1 of Sprig fresh Thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried).
- Prepare of Rub.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Softened Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Rubbed Sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of Thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chicken Soup Base.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Poultry Seasoning.
Thanksgiving Turkey step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove giblets and discard or save for gravy or stuffing..
- Stuff the turkey lightly with the onion and apple slices and the rosemary and thyme..
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, sage, thyme and soup base. Mix well. Loosen the turkey skin over the breast and thighs and rub the misture into the meat under the skin.
- Over the skin, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Tuck in the wing tips and bake at 325°F until the turkey reaches and internal temp of 165 (about 2.5 – 3.5 hours). Baste occasionally..
- Remove from the oven and tent loosely with foil. Let rest for 20 mins before carving..