Cream Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes. Here's a charming use for pumpkin. Bursting with flavor and plenty of eye-catching appeal, these sweet and spicy filled cupcakes are bound to dazzle your family any time of the year. Pumpkin cupcakes deserve their own spotlight, right?
These amazing cupcakes deserved an upgrade!] I first made pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting nearly five years ago, and I have been loving I used a similar filling for the pumpkin whoopie pies that I made four years ago. The maple is an awesome complement to both pumpkin and cream. The soft and moist pumpkin cupcakes were filled with the rich and sweet cream cheese, so every bite is decadent and sinfully delicious. You can cook Cream Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 can of 15 Oz canned pumpkin.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
To make the presentation cute and seasonal, I decorated the cupcakes with the pumpkin-shaped candies. These pumpkin cupcakes are super delicious, soft, moist, and topped with an easy homemade cream cheese frosting. Pumpkin Puree: The star ingredient of these cupcakes! Just make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
Cream Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes step by step
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well mixed. Fill paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely..
- For filling, combine cornstarch and milk in a small saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar and vanilla. Gradually add the cornstarch mixture beating until light and fluffy..
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1 inch circle 1 inch deep in the top of each cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside. Spoon or pipe filling into cupcakes. Replace tops..
Oil: I typically use canola oil in this recipe, but vegetable. These amazing pumpkin cupcakes are a perfect fall treat! There are some amazing bloggers out there in this world. So glad this perfect combo of cream cheese and pumpkin made it's way into our hungry bellies this year! These Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes are so festive too.