Sweet Hambone Soup.
You can have Sweet Hambone Soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Hambone Soup
- It’s 5 of Strips Of Thick Smoked Bacon.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves, Minced.
- It’s 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It’s 10 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 2 can of Crushed Tomatoes, Juice and All.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of Meaty Ham Bone.
- It’s 1 of A Few Big Squirts Of Ketchup.
- Prepare 3 cup of Canned Cannellini Beans, Drained and Rinsed.
- It’s 2 cup of Chopped Ham (saved from your holiday ham).
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cubed Potatoes.
- You need 2 cup of Cabbage, Chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Sugar, Adding a bit at a time to reach desired sweetness.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of tsp. Dried Mustard.
- It’s 2 of tsp. salt.
- You need 1 of Ground Black Pepper To Taste.
- Prepare 1 of Noodles Of Choice.
Sweet Hambone Soup instructions
- Heat a large stock pot on stove. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels..
- Add onions and garlic to pot. Saute about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients, including chopped up bacon. Bring to boil. Then turn down to simmer about 2-4 hours..
- Remove bone before serving. Serve with your favorite noodles (I used small shells) and a nice crusty bread! Enjoy!.
recipe by Valarie @cookpad