Gingery carrot cake.
You can make Gingery carrot cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gingery carrot cake
- It’s 2 cups of whole wheat.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2.5 cups of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of dates syrup.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of ginger powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 10-15 of dates chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 tbsp of walnuts.
Gingery carrot cake step by step
- In a bowl sieve the whole wheat flour with baking soda, baking powder and ginger powder and keep aside..
- In another bowl add eggs, dates syrup and olive oil and whisk well..
- Add a handful of walnuts, dates and grated carrots and mix well..
- In small batches add the dry ingredients of flour mix into the wet mix and with the help of cut and fold method mix all ingredients till well incorporated..
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased cake mould and put it in a preheated oven for baking for around 25-30 minutes on 180 degrees..
- Remove the cake and let it cool. Demould it on a plate..
- For the frosting : In a sauce pan add the milk with half cup of grated carrots, 1 spoon of ginger powder and some chopped dates and let it cook till Carrots and dates get soft..
- Let this cool and then grind it into smooth paste..
- Pour this on the cake and decorate with some roasted walnuts..
recipe by Vaishali Singh @cookpad