Ham and Cheese Potato Soup.
You can cook Ham and Cheese Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham and Cheese Potato Soup
- Prepare 4 of baking potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery, diced small.
- You need 6 of baby carrots, diced small.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of deli ham, diced small.
- It’s 1 quart of chicken broth, I used my own homemade because I have it. Boxed is fine.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cheese of choice.
- You need 2 cups of half and half.
- Prepare of Green onions, sliced optional.
- You need of Salt pepper onion and garlic powders.
Ham and Cheese Potato Soup step by step
- Sauté your onions, celery, and carrots in a little olive oil. Add seasonings. Add the ham. Pour in the broth and add the potatoes..
- Cook til potatoes are tender. Lower heat and add half and half. I mash my potatoes with a potato masher but leave it chunky. Stir in cheese and cook on low until it all melts and melds. Spoon it up and garnish with green onions. We have crusty bread and butter and sliced sharp cheddar slices on the side..
recipe by SherryRandall: The Leftover Chronicles @cookpad