split pea soup.
You can cook split pea soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of split pea soup
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 2 piece of celery.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 piece of thick back bacon.
- You need 1 of smoked ham bone.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 cup of split peas.
- It’s of water.
split pea soup instructions
- Dice onion, carrot, celery, bacon, garlic. Place in slow cooker or pot..
- Let cook until onions are softened. Add bone, split peas and water to cover.
- Simmer until the peas fall apart. Add more water as needed. Remove ham bone and serve. Garnish with fresh rosemary or thyme leaves..
recipe by mikaeladyke @cookpad