Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot. This is an easy chili recipe that you can throw in the slow cooker and forget about all day. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until evenly brown; drain. Laura's Quick Slow Cooker Turkey Chili.
So grab you slow cooker and cozy on up. Do I have to to cook it on the stove first? Turkey is nice and lean and sometimes we need a leaner protein in our diets because, well, brownies. You can have Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot
- You need 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- It’s 2 small of green bell pepper (or one large I only had small ones out of the garden).
- Prepare 2 can of petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 1 can of Chilli beans.
- Prepare 1 can of kidney beans.
- It’s 2 can of Tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chilli powder (I used extra spicy from a local organic bulk spice store).
- You need 1 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need of salt for peppers.
- It’s of seasoning salt for the meat.
- You need 3 tsp of olive oil.
Beef chili also works well in the slow cooker. A delicious and easy crockpot turkey chili recipe that's perfect for those nights when you want dinner ready Add the turkey and onion to the bottom of the crockpot. Add the remaining ingredients on top and stir well to combine. A tasty Fall Chili recipe that is easily made in a slow cooker or crock pot!
Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot instructions
- Chop and sauté peppers in a pan in olive oil with the salt to help the peppers start to sweat and soften.
- Add ground turkey and seasoning salt. fry until meat is done.
- While the meat if frying rinse all the beans really good(yes even the chilli beans. The sauce they put in the cans usually is horrible) and toss them in a crock pot with the drained tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add in Oregano, garlic, chili powder, and cumin and mix it all up.
- When the meat is browned toss the meat and pepper mix in the pot (if you're using ground beef drain the fat if using turkey dump it all in because the meat is lean and any juice you have in the pan will be from the peppers sweating).
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or if you make it in the morning and plan on eating for dinner set it on low 6-8 hours and your done.
Made with ground turkey, three white beans, peppers and a. This CrockPot turkey chili recipe is just for the kiddos (or picky family members)! A kid-friendly chili with ground turkey, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes. It's super easy to make, I did it in the crock pot, but you can also simmer it on the stove. One of my best chili recipe ever.