Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake.
You can make Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake
- You need of For The Sponge.
- It’s of Self – Raising Flour, plus extra for dusting.
- You need of Bicarbonate of Soda.
- Prepare of Caster Sugar.
- You need of Sunflower Oil.
- Prepare of Almond Milk or Soya Milk.
- You need of Golden Syrup.
- Prepare of Vanilla Extract.
- You need of Strawberry or Raspberry Jam.
- Prepare of Strawberries, halved or quartered for decorating.
- Prepare of For The Vegan Buttercream.
- Prepare of Dairy – Free Spread, plus extra for greasing.
- Prepare of Icing Sugar, sifted.
- It’s of Vanilla Extract.
Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Grease and flour the sides and line the base of 2 x 23cm loose-bottomed cake tins..
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a large mixing bowl and mix together. Whisk together the sunflower oil, milk, syrup and vanilla in a jug and pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, then whisk using a hand-blender for 2 mins until thick and creamy..
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tins and bake for 35–45 mins until risen and cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 mins in the tin, then remove and leave to cool completely on a wire rack..
- While the cakes are cooling, make the filling: beat together the spread, icing sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl, cover and leave to firm up in the fridge until needed..
- Spread the jam evenly over one half of the cake, followed by two-thirds of the cream mixture. Top with the second cake, spread the remaining cream on top and decorate with the strawberries..
recipe by Rianna Mistry @cookpad