Banana and Walnut Tea Cake.
You can have Banana and Walnut Tea Cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Banana and Walnut Tea Cake
- It’s 100 gm of Butter softened -.
- It’s 140 gm of Castor sugar powdered -.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs (at room temperature) lightly beaten -.
- It’s 2 of bananas Medium ripe mashed -.
- Prepare 6 tbsps of Milk buttermilk / -.
- You need 225 gm of Wheat flour -.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Soda – bi – carb -.
- It’s 1 ¼ tsps of Baking soda -.
- You need ½ tsp of Cinnamon powder -.
- You need ¼ tsp of nutmeg Grated -.
- Prepare ¼ tsp of Salt -.
Banana and Walnut Tea Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Lightly grease and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper..
- Sieve the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, soda-bi-carb, baking soda and salt (preferably sieve thrice)..
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar..
- Add the beaten eggs, a little at a time and continue beating..
- Blend in the chopped walnuts, bananas and 3 tbsp of milk. If the bananas are dry add a couple more tbsp of milk..
- Fold in the sieved flour a little at a time using a wooden spoon. Add the rest of the milk if required..
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin..
- Bake for 1 hour. (After 50 minutes check if the cake is done by inserting a skewer into it. The skewer should come out clean. Also the top of the cake should be springy to touch.).
- Overturn on a wire rack and cool..
- Cut into slices and serve..
recipe by Mamatha Rao @cookpad