2 day Bean Chowder. Panini also works in the kitchen and thinks Chowder is her boyfriend, while Shnitzel is a rock monster who doesn't think much of Chowder and his smelly best friend Kimchi the stinky cloud. In order to cook Sing Beans, a musical food, Chowder and the others must stay up during the night to watch the dish as it cooks. Do-ahead tip: Cool soup slightly, and spoon into containers with tight-fitting lids.
This link opens in a new window. Nutrient-packed soup is the answer to painless meal prep. The star nutrients in this lightened-up chowder are vitamins A, C, and K, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, and manganese. You can cook 2 day Bean Chowder using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 2 day Bean Chowder
- Prepare 1 lb of dry great northern beans.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 cup of sliced celery.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of ham bone.
- It’s 1 packages of cubed ham chunks (16 oz).
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 can of chicken broth (14.5 oz).
- You need 1 can of stewed tomatoes (14.5 oz).
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1 cup of cream (half and half).
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Share: Rate this Recipe When beans are done, add salt pork and potatoes. This corn chowder recipe has an unexpected surprise hiding inside – plenty of beans! They make this corn chowder even more filling and hearty. One of the first recipes I made on this blog that really took off and got people excited was my recipe for chicken corn chowder.
2 day Bean Chowder instructions
- Rinse and sort through beans to check for any small pebbles or debris..
- Place beans in a Dutch oven, add water to cover by 2 inches..
- Bring to boil, boil 2 min..
- Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 1 hour..
- Drain beans and place them in a separate bowl..
- In the Dutch oven sauté onion, celery and garlic in 3T butter until tender..
- Put beans back in Dutch oven along with ham bone, ham chunks, water, broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, ground cloves and pepper. ( below is a pic of soup mixture and the ham chunks I purchased at Wal-mart).
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 2 1/2 hrs. Until beans are soft..
- Remove ham bone and bay leaf..
- Let sit until cool enough to handle then chill in refrigerator overnight. (Just put the Dutch oven in fridge, no need to transfer to another container).
- Skim fat off of top. ( this pic shows the bottom half has been skimmed and top half still has fat layer. Just so you can see what you're needing to remove. ).
- Stir in milk and cream. Cook on low until heated. (Do not allow to boil because of the milk and cream that have been added.).
- Just before serving stir in cheese..
- Remember, if you have leftovers and need to reheat, do not bring to boil..
recipe by kellysuepeak64 @cookpad
Towards the end, add the bouillon cubes. Stay connected with us to watch all Chowder full episodes in High Quality/HD. Stay connected with us to watch all Chowder episodes. Liz's Black Bean Chowder Printable Recipe. Super easy to make and a hit with the whole family.