Carrot Spice Cake.
You can make Carrot Spice Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Spice Cake
- Prepare of firmly packed brown sugar.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need of eggs or equivalent amount of egg substitute.
- It’s of gluten-free all purpose flour or flour of your choice.
- Prepare of xanthum gum (if using gluten-free flour).
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need of apple pie spice.
- You need of shredded carrots (about 5-6 medium).
- Prepare of oats.
- Prepare of cream cheese.
- It’s of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of soy milk or milk of your choice.
Carrot Spice Cake instructions
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a long cake pan with cooking spray..
- In large bowl, beat together brown sugar & oil. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. If using egg substitute, add gradually..
- Combine flour, xanthum gum, baking powder, salt, & apple pie spice. Stir into egg mixture..
- Fold in carrots & oats. Mix well..
- Pour into prepared pan..
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean..
- Let cool completely..
- For frosting, combine cream cheese & powdered sugar, mix well. Add milk 1 tsp at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Spread over completely cooled cake..
recipe by Stephanie Goldman @cookpad