Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake or Atta Gur Ka Cake – Healthy Cake.
You can have Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake or Atta Gur Ka Cake – Healthy Cake using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake or Atta Gur Ka Cake – Healthy Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of Milk (Room Temperature).
- You need 3/4 cup of Grated Jaggery.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Refined Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Soda or Eno.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Walnuts & Cashews.
- Prepare of Flaxseeds and Sesame Seeds 1 tbsp each.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fennel.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Cardamom powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake or Atta Gur Ka Cake – Healthy Cake step by step
- Wet Ingredients: Grind milk, jaggery, oil in a mixer and make a smooth paste..
- Dry Ingredients: Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda and add fennel, cardamom, salt, chopped walnuts, cashews. Mix them well..
- Now mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Cake batter is ready to bake..
- Now pour prepared cake batter into the pan. Sprinkle flaxseeds and sesame seeds on the batter..
- Now tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles. Bake in a pressure cooker for 40 – 60 minutes..
- Tips: 1.Adjust jaggery according to your taste. 2.Use room temperature or cold milk. Don’t use hot milk otherwise milk may curdle. 3.The acidity in the jaggery will curdle the milk if milk is hot. 4.If Baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 60 minutes. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
- Pressure Cooker Method : Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin..
- Important Notes: Use a baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker. Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan. Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium. If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn (overbake) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand..
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking. Don’t add water to the pressure cooker..
- How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker? Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter (Do not put water inside the pressure cooker)..
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately. Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready..
recipe by MadAboutCooking @cookpad