Banana cake with choc-walnut streusel. Bananas and walnuts are a natural pair and I always have walnuts in the pantry so the recipe would be a Banana Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel. The streusel and crumb topping also add extra sweetness. For more information about how to develop a new cake recipe visit this post about the.
Pour half of the banana cake batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the streusel filling on top. Top with remaining banana cake batter and then the remaining streusel. You can make Banana cake with choc-walnut streusel using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana cake with choc-walnut streusel
- Prepare 2 1/4 Cups of Flour.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 100 Grams of Unsalted butter , room temperature.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of butter Melted.
- Prepare 1 1/4 Cups of Sugar.
- It’s 2 of Eggs large.
- It’s 1 1/4 Cups of bananas Ripe , mashed.
- It’s 2/3 Cup of yoghurt Full fat.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- You need 140 Grams of chocolate Bittersweet chips.
- You need 1 Cup of Walnuts , toasted cooled and coarsest chopped ..
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon ground.
Stir chocolate chips, brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon in small bowl until well blended; set streusel aside. Sift all purpose flour, baking Sprinkle with half of streusel. Repeat with remaining batter and streusel. For streusel – stir chocolate chips, brown sugar, and walnuts together in a small bowl.
Banana cake with choc-walnut streusel step by step
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C with rack in middle. Butter a 9-inch square cake pan..
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt..
- Toss together chocolate, nuts, cinnamon, melted butter, and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together softened butter and remaining 1cup sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, then beat in eggs 1 at a time until blended. Beat in bananas, yogurt, and vanilla (mixture will look curdled)..
- With mixer at low speed, add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated..
- Spread half of banana batter in cake pan and sprinkle with half of chocolate mixture. Spread remaining batter evenly over filling and sprinkle remaining chocolate mixture on top..
- Bake until cake is golden and a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely, right side up..
recipe by Shilpa George @cookpad
Sweet Project: Banana Crunch Loaf (Moist Banana Loaf Cake with Streusel Crumb Topping). The crunchy walnut streusel and a bit sourish cranberries complement the dessert. This coffee cake is perfectly moist and is loaded with streusel. We're talkin' streusel on top AND a layer of it in the middle! PLUS there is more And for a good crunch I sprinkled the top layer of streusel with walnuts.