Caramel Apple Walnut Cake.
You can cook Caramel Apple Walnut Cake using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Walnut Cake
- You need of cake:.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground gloves.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarb soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts.
- You need 3 cups of Macintosh apples, peeled and cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of (or more!) spiced rum.
- Prepare of Icing:.
- It’s 150 g of butter (room temp).
- Prepare 150 g of confectioners sugar (icing sugar).
- You need 150 g of caramel sauce (or make your own!).
Caramel Apple Walnut Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325F/160C, butter and flour 2 8inch (or 20cm) pans..
- Beat oil and sugar until thick. Add the eggs 1 and a time, beating well after each..
- Sift together flour, spices, bicarb soda, and salt. Add this into the egg mixture and blend..
- Add the nuts, apples, and spiced rum, and fold well..
- Pour the batter into the buttered pans, and bake about 1hour 10minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked..
- While the cake is baking, make the icing. Beat the butter until soft. Beat in the icing sugar, about a tablespoon at time. Beat in the caramel sauce, and taste test!.
- When the cake is completely cool, spread the icing evenly over all the cake! Top with walnuts and some caramel for a bit of an extra touch..
recipe by Grandma Celestine @cookpad