Split Pea & Ham Soup.
You can have Split Pea & Ham Soup using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Split Pea & Ham Soup
- Prepare 16 oz of dried green split peas.
- It’s 8 cup of water.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cup of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of celery, sliced.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of ham bone.
- It’s 4 cup of ham, cubed.
- Prepare 2 litres of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
Split Pea & Ham Soup instructions
- Place split peas and 2 litres water in large saucepan..
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Drain..
- Heat oil in soup pot..
- Sauté onion, carrots, celery and garlic in oil over medium-low heat until tender – about 10 minutes..
- Add drained peas, ham bone, cubed ham, 2 litres water, salt and pepper..
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour..
- Remove cover and continue simmering until desired thickness (we do between 12 and 24 hours), stirring occasionally..
- Remove ham bone, cut off any remaining meat..
- Dice meat and return to soup before serving..
recipe by Fokakya @cookpad