Humming Bird Cake.
You can have Humming Bird Cake using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Humming Bird Cake
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Butter , unsalted.
- You need 3 Cups of All purpose flour.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon , ground.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Baking soda.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Pecans , chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of walnuts Black , chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 3 of Eggs , beaten.
- You need 8 1 of pineapple , crushed ; ozcan of.
- You need 2 Cups of Bananas , mashed.
- It’s 1 Cup of Canola oil.
- It’s 3 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Butter , cubed.
- You need 8 oz packs of Cream cheese of 3.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/2 Cups of sugar Powdered.
- Prepare 1 Cup of walnuts Black , chopped.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Pecans , chopped.
Humming Bird Cake instructions
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; stir in the pecans and set aside..
- Using a handheld mixer set on high speed, beat the sugar, brown sugar, and eggs in a large mixing bowl until smooth, 1 minute. Add the crushed pineapples and their juice, bananas, oil, and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the pecan mixture and mix on low speed until evenly combined..
- Divide the batter evenly between the 3 prepared cake pans, smoothing the tops with a rubber spatula. Bake cakes, rotating occasionally, until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes..
- Transfer cakes to racks and let sit for 15 minutes; invert pans and unmold each cake; discard parchment paper. Let cakes cool..
- Make the frosting: In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth, 2 minutes. Add the cream cheese and vanilla and beat until creamy, 1–2 minutes more. Add the confectioners' sugar and mix on low speed until incorporated..
- Increase speed to medium-high and continue mixing until the frosting is light and fluffy, 2–3 minutes. Remove any dust from the pecans by shaking them in a wide-mesh sieve over the sink; using a rubber spatula, fold the pecans into the frosting..
- Assemble the cake: Place 1 cake layer on a cake stand. Using a butter knife, spread 2/3 cup frosting evenly over the top. Place second cake layer atop first one and frost top of it with another 2/3 cup frosting..
- Repeat with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over the sides of the assembled cake. Serve immediately or wrap loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate..
recipe by Timothy ByDesign @cookpad