Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup.
You can cook Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup
- It’s 2 cup of shredded turkey (white or dark meat,or both).
- Prepare 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 of celery stalks, chopped.
- You need 6 cup of low sodium chicken stock.
- It’s 2/3 cup of rice (parboiled or jasmine rice).
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley.
Hearty Turkey and Rice Soup instructions
- In a large soup pot, add oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 min..
- Add the celery and carrots and continue cooking for 5 min..
- Add your shredded turkey, salt, pepper,parsley, basil and bay leaf, mix to combine..
- Add the rice to the pot and mix everything together. And cook 2 min.
- Making sure you've washed your lemon, remove seeds and squeeze the lemon juice into the pot, and add the 2 halves to the pot as well (the hint of lemon in the soup is delish) stir everything..
- Pour in your chicken stock and stir. Let everything come to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for about 30 min with the lid on and serve once rice is cooked through..