You can cook Fruit Cake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fruit Cake
- It’s 500 gr of mixed fruit & peel.
- You need 250 gr of glazed cherry.
- Prepare 250 gr of toasted walnut/ other nuts.
- Prepare 250 gr of plain flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 250 gr of vegetable oil.
- It’s 75 gr of Natvia or 150 gr caster sugar.
- It’s 100 gr of palm sugar shredded finely.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 8 of eggs separated.
- Prepare 150 gr of sugar and 150 gr hot water + rhum.
Fruit Cake instructions
- Soak fruit in water sugar mixture leave it for 3 hours.
- Mix egg yolk, sugar, oil and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the fruit and half of the liquid, until well combined. Mixture will be very thick.
- Beat egg whites and a tsp vinegar (optional) until thick but not dry.
- Fold into egg yolk mixture until well combined.
- Bake in preheated oven 160'C for 45 minutes in a pan that's lined with parchment paper, oiled and dusted with flour..
recipe by Daisy @cookpad