EZ Fancy Mac N Cheese & Turkey Burger.
You can make EZ Fancy Mac N Cheese & Turkey Burger using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of EZ Fancy Mac N Cheese & Turkey Burger
- Prepare 1 box of of Mac n Cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter.
- It’s of Milk (can also add a 'lil heavy cream).
- It’s of Extra Cheese (your choice!).
- It’s of Basil and any other herbs you want to throw in.
- You need of Bread Crumbs (Your Choice – I like to do half Italian bread crumbs and half Panko).
- You need of Salt n Peppa.
- It’s of Ground Turkey Burger.
EZ Fancy Mac N Cheese & Turkey Burger step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350°F..
- Cook up your mac according to the box directions – usually about 7 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cook up your ground turkey burger in a frying pan. You can use any type of meat that you desire – steak, hamburger, and chicken sausage and bacon all work well. I prefer turkey burger because it's lean and crumbles, which helps distribute it evenly throughout the dish. Add some delicious fresh or dried herbs, salt and pepper to taste..
- When your mac is done, drain it, add it back into your hot pot and melt your butter into the pasta. Once the butter is melted, add your packet cheese and milk (and a lil heavy cream if you have some around for added creamy flava). Add a handful or so of extra shredded cheese to make it extra cheesy. Mix it up!.
- Now add your cooked turkey burger (or whatever meat you made) into your cheesy mac mix. Mix it up!.
- Add your mac mixture into a baking dish (glass works best). Add another handful of shredded cheese on top. Now add some breadcrumbs onto the top. It's up to you how much you want to add – I like to give it a nice top so it will have a crunchy baked taste. You can also add a lil parmesan cheese on top if you want. Drizzle some olive oil over the top of your breadcrumbs and cheese so it bakes up nice..
- Put your dish into the oven and cook uncovered for about 20 minutes. Then voila – you've got gourmet mac n cheese ready 2 please! Much better than straight out da box..