potato and ham soup.
You can have potato and ham soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of potato and ham soup
- It’s 2 medium of red potatoe.
- You need 2 medium of russet potatoe.
- It’s 1 large of baking potatoe ( leftovers if you have one ).
- You need 6 slice of thick cut bacon.
- You need 2 medium of slices of country ham ( bone in ).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen onion mix.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of half & half.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
potato and ham soup instructions
- heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in stock pot, cut bacon and ham into chunks cook in stock pot until brown add onion mix and cook until tender. add chicken stock and simmer cut up red potatoes in bite size pieces. cut up russet potatoes in medium size pieces. add to chicken broth and simmer until tender.
- add water and half and half and baking potato ( chopped into chunks ) in to soup mash down soup mixture with a potato masher about 3 or 4 times leaving plenty of chunks season with your favorite seasoning. simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes..
recipe by face71753 @cookpad