Dates and nuts cake (Eggless).
You can cook Dates and nuts cake (Eggless) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dates and nuts cake (Eggless)
- You need 11/2 cups of All purpose flour (APF).
- It’s 11/2 of milk cups whole at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of dates (deseeded).
- You need 1/4 cup of walnuts chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of almond cashew-nut and powder.
- You need of raisins 1/4 cup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla bean powder.
- It’s 5 tbsps of butter at room temperature or oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsps of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg cinnamon powder or powder (optional).
Dates and nuts cake (Eggless) instructions
- Soak dates in milk for 15-20 mins and grind into paste.
- In a bowl, add butter, dates-milk mix, nuts powder, vanilla powder, sugar and whisk it.
- Sieve APF and baking powder and add it into wet ingredients slowly whisking with a hand blender.
- Fold the batter with walnuts and raisins.
- In a 350F or 180 C preheated oven, pour the batter into 9" round cake tin or loaf pan and bake it for 20 mins at 180 C and then 150C for another 10-15 mins till the cake tester comes out clean..
- Cake tip: Always keep the cake pan/tin in the middle of the oven to avoid the cake from sinking in the middle..
recipe by Abha Jain @cookpad